1. Wilke MH. Multiresistant bacteria and current therapy - the economical side of the story. Eur J Med Res. 2010; 15: 571-576.
2. Bennett PM. Plasmid encoded antibiotic resistance: acquisition and transfer of antibiotic resistance genes in bacteria. Br J Pharmacol. 2008; 153: S347-S357.
3. Fraimow HS, Tsigrelis C. Antimicrobial resistance in the intensive care unit: mechanisms, epidemiology, and management of specific resistant pathogens. Crit Care Clin. 2011; 27: 163-205.
4. Chaloupka K, Malam Y, Seifalian AM. Nanosilver as a new generation of nanoproduct in biomedical applications. Trends Biotechnol. 2010; 11: 580-588.
5. Ahamed M, Alsalhi MS, Siddiqui MK. Silver nanoparticle applications and human health.Clin Chim Acta. 2010; 411: 1841-1848.
6. Nam KY. In vitro antimicrobial effect of the tissue conditioner containing silver nanoparticles. J Adv Prosthodont. 2011; 3: 20-24.
7. Babapour A, Yang B, Bahang S, Cao W. Low-temperature sol-gel-derived nanosilver-embedded silane coating as biofilm inhibitor. Nanotechnology. 2011; 22: 155602.
8. Yu B, Leung KM, Guo Q, Lau WM, Yang J. Synthesis of Ag-TiO2 composite nano thin film for antimicrobial application. Nanotechnology. 2011; 22: 115603.
9. Jin T, Sun D, Su JY, Zhang H, Sue HJ. Antimicrobial efficacy of zinc oxide quantum dots against Listeria monocytogenes, Salmonella Enteritidis, and Escherichia coli O157:H7. J Food Sci. 2009; 74: M46-52.
10. Borah BJ, Yadav A, Dutta DK. Au (degrees)-nanoparticles: control size and morphology stabilized by tripodal phosphine based ligands and their antimicrobial activity. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2011; 7: 152-153.
11. Sahithi K, Swetha M, Prabaharan M, Moorthi A, Saranya N, Ramasamy K, Srinivasan N, Partridge NC, Selvamurugan N. Synthesis and characterization of nanoscale-hydroxyapatite-copper for antimicrobial activity towards bone tissue engineering applications. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2010; 6: 333-339.
12. Li F, Mulyana Y, Feterl M, Warner JM, Collins JG, Keene FR. The antimicrobial activity of inert oligonuclear polypyridylruthenium(ii) complexes against pathogenic bacteria, including MRSA. Dalton Trans. 40: 5032-5038.
13. Shahverdi AR, Fakhimi A, Shahverdi HR, Minaian S. Synthesis and effect of silver nanoparticles on the antibacterial activity of different antibiotics against Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli. Nanomedicine. 2007; 3: 168-171.
14. Mokhtari Nori N, Abdi K, Khoshayand MR, Ahmadi S, Lamei N, Shahverdi A.R. Microwave-assisted biosynthesis of gold–silver alloy nanoparticles and determination of their Au/Ag ratio by atomic absorption spectroscopy. J Exp Nanosci. 2013; 8: 442-450
15. Banoee M, Mokhtari N, Akhavan Sepahi A, Jafari Fesharaki P, Monsef-Esfahani HR, Ehsanfar Z, Khoshayand MR, Shahverdi AR. The green synthesis of gold nanoparticles using the ethanol extract of black tea and its tannin free fraction. Iran. J. Meter. Sci. Eng. 2010; 7: 48-53.
16. Banoee M. Green synthesis of gold nanoparticles and its combination effect with different antibiotics. A Master dissertation. Science and Technology branch, Azad University. 2008.
17. Raveendran P, Fu J, Wallen S L, A simple and ‘‘green’’ method for the synthesis of Au, Ag, and Au–Ag alloy Nanoparticles. Green Chem. 2006; 8: 34-38.
18. Henglein A. Physicochemical properties of small metal particles in solution: “microelectrode” reactions, chemisorption, composite metal particles, and the atom-to-metal transition. J Phys Chem B. 1993; 97: 5457-5471.
19. Cho K, Wang X, Nie S, Chen Z, Shin DM. Theraputic nanoparticles for drug delivery in cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2008; 14: 1310-1316.
20. Gelperina S, Kisich K, Iseman MD, Heifets L. The potential advantages of nanoparticle drug delivery systems in chemotherapy of tuberculosis. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2005; 172: 1487-1490.
21. Jurgons R, Seliger C, Hilpert A, Trahms L, Odenbach S, Alexiou C. Drug loaded magnetic nanoparticles for cancer therapy. J Phys Condens Matter. 2006; 18: 2893-2902.