1. Pfirschke C, Engblom C, Rickelt S, Cortez-Retamozo V, Garris C, Pucci F, Yamazaki T, Poirier-Colame V, Newton A, Redouane Y, Lin Y, Wojtkiewicz G, Iwamoto Y, Mino-Kenudson M,Huynh T,Hynes R, Freeman G, Kroemer G, Zitvogel L, Weissleder R, Pittet M. Immunogenic chemotherapy sensitizes tumors to checkpoint blockade therapy. Immunity. 2016; 44: 343-354.
2. Cai X, Jia X, Gao W, Zhang K, Ma M, Wang S, Zheng Y, Shi J , Chen H. A Versatile Nanotheranostic Agent for Efficient Dual‐Mode Imaging Guided Synergistic Chemo‐Thermal Tumor Therapy. Adv Funct Mater. 2015; 25: 2520-2529.
3. Long D, Liu T, Tan L, Shi H, Liang P, Tang S, Yu J, Dou J, Meng X. Multisynergistic platform for tumor therapy by mild microwave irradiation-activated chemotherapy and enhanced ablation. ACS nano. 2016; 10: 9516-9528.
4. Zhang L, Su H, Cai J, Cheng D, Ma Y, Zhang J, Zhou C, Liu S, Shi H, Zhang Y, Zhang C. A multifunctional platform for tumor angiogenesis-targeted chemo-thermal therapy using polydopamine-coated gold nanorods. ACS nano. 2016; 10(11): 10404-10417.
5. Riviere K, Huang Z, Jerger K, Macaraeg N, Szoka Jr FC. Antitumor effect of folate-targeted liposomal doxorubicin in KB tumor-bearing mice after intravenous administration. J Drug Target. 2011; 19: 14-24.
6. Yi Q, Ma J, Kang K, Gu Z. Bioreducible nanocapsules for folic acid-assisted targeting and effective tumor-specific chemotherapy. Int J Nanomed. 2018; 13: 653.
7. Guo F, Yu M, Wang J, Tan F, Li N. Smart IR780 theranostic nanocarrier for tumor-specific therapy: hyperthermia-mediated bubble-generating and folate-targeted liposomes. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015; 7: 20556-20567.
8. Lu Y, Low PS. Folate-mediated delivery of macromolecular anticancer therapeutic agents. Adv. Drug Deliv Rev. 2012; 64: 342-352.
9. Leamon CP, Reddy JA. Folate-targeted chemotherapy. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2004; 56: 1127-1141.
10. Patil Y, Shmeeda H, Amitay Y, Ohana P, Kumar S, Gabizon A. Targeting of folate-conjugated liposomes with co-entrapped drugs to prostate cancer cells via prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA). Nanomedicine. 2018; 14: 1407-1416.
11. Patil Y, Amitay Y, Ohana P, Shmeeda H, Gabizon A. Targeting of pegylated liposomal mitomycin-C prodrug to the folate receptor of cancer cells: Intracellular activation and enhanced cytotoxicity. J Control Release. 2016; 225: 87-95.
12. Zhai G, Wu J, Xiang G, Mao W, Yu B, Li H, Piao L, Lee LJ, Lee, RJ. Preparation, characterization and pharmacokinetics of folate receptor-targeted liposomes for docetaxel delivery. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2009; 9: 2155-2161.
13. Kumar P, Huo P, Liu B. Formulation Strategies for Folate-Targeted Liposomes and Their Biomedical Applications. Pharmaceutics. 2019; 11: 381.
14. Goren D, Horowitz AT, Tzemach D, Tarshish M, Zalipsky S, Gabizon A. Nuclear delivery of doxorubicin via folate-targeted liposomes with bypass of multidrug-resistance efflux pump. Clin. Cancer Res. 2000; 6: 1949-1957.
15. Alibolandi M, Abnous K, Sadeghi F, Hosseinkhani H, Ramezani M, Hadizadeh F. Folate receptor-targeted multimodal polymersomes for delivery of quantum dots and doxorubicin to breast adenocarcinoma: in vitro and in vivo evaluation. Int J Pharm. 2016; 500: 162-178.
16. Nikpoor AR, Tavakkol-Afshari J, Gholizadeh Z, Sadri K, Babaei MH, Chamani J, Badiee A, Jalali SA, JaafarI MR. Nanoliposome-mediated targeting of antibodies to tumors: IVIG antibodies as a model. Int J Pharm. 2015; 495: 162-170.
17. Tanhaeian A, Jaafari MR, Ahmadi FS, Vakili‐Ghartavol R, Sekhavati MH. Secretory expression of a chimeric peptide in Lactococcus lactis: assessment of its cytotoxic activity and a deep view on its interaction with cell-surface glycosaminoglycans by molecular modeling. Probiotics & Antimicro Prot. 2019; 11: 1034-1041.
18. Nikpoor AR, Tavakkol-Afshari J, Sadri K, Jalali SA, Jaafari MR. Improved tumor accumulation and therapeutic efficacy of CTLA-4-blocking antibody using liposome-encapsulated antibody: In vitro and in vivo studies. Nanomedicine. 2017; 13: 2671-2682.
19. Zahmatkeshan M, Gheybi F, Rezayat SM, Jaafari MR. Improved drug delivery and therapeutic efficacy of PEgylated liposomal doxorubicin by targeting anti-HER2 peptide in murine breast tumor model. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2016; 86: 125-135.
20. Amin M, Bagheri M, Mansourian M, Jaafari MR, ten Hagen TL. Regulation of in vivo behavior of TAT-modified liposome by associated protein corona and avidity to tumor cells. Int J Nanomedicine. 2018; 13:7441.
21. Arabi L, Badiee A, Mosaffa F, Jaafari MR. Targeting CD44 expressing cancer cells with anti-CD44 monoclonal antibody improves cellular uptake and antitumor efficacy of liposomal doxorubicin. J Control Release. 2015; 220: 275-286.
22. Wang L, Li M, Zhang N. Folate-targeted docetaxel-lipid-based-nanosuspensions for active-targeted cancer therapy. Int J Nanomed. 2012; 7: 3281.
23. Awasthi V, Garcia D, Goins B, Phillips WT. Circulation and biodistribution profiles of long-circulating PEG-liposomes of various sizes in rabbits. Int J Pharm. 2003; 253: 121-132.
24. Fisher ML, Colic M, Rao MP, Lange FF. Effect of silica nanoparticle size on the stability of alumina/silica suspensions. J Am Ceram Soc. 2001; 84: 713-718.
25. Mozafari MR, Khosravi-Darani K, Borazan GG, Cui J, Pardakhty A, Yurdugul S. Encapsulation of food ingredients using nanoliposome technology. International Journal of Food Properties. 2008; 11: 833-844.