1. Bao Q, Zhang D, Qi P. Synthesis and characterization of silver nanoparticle and graphene oxide nanosheet composites as a bactericidal agent for water disinfection. J Colloid Interface Sci 2011; 360: 463-470.
2. Tonuci LRS, Paschoalatto CFPR, Pisani R. Microwave inactivation of Escherichia coli in healthcare waste. Waste Manage 2008;.28:840-848.
3. Pellerin C.Alternatives to Incineration: There's More Than One Way to Remediate. Environ Health Persp. 1994; 102: 840-845.
4. Diaz LF, Savage GM, Eggerth LL. Alternatives for the treatment and disposal of healthcare wastes in developing countries. Waste Manage. 2005; 25: 626-37.
5. Dunnick JK, Melnick RL. Assessment of the carcinogenic potential of chlorinated water: experimental studies of chlorine, chloramine, and trihalomethanes. J Natl Cancer Inst. 1993; 817-822.
6. Mollazadeh-Moghaddam K, Moradi BV, Dolatabadi-Bazaz R, Shakibae M, Shahverdi AR. An enhancing effect of gold nanoparticles on the lethal action of 2450 MHz electromagnetic radiation in microwave oven. Avi J Med Biotechnol. 2011; 3: 195-200.
7. Sekhon BS, Kamboj SR. Inorganic nanomedicine--part 2. Nanomed Nanotech Biol Med. 2010; 6: 612-618.
8. Sheng Z, Liu Y. Effects of silver nanoparticles on wastewater biofilms. Water Res. 2011; 45: 6039-6050.
9. Duncan TV. Applications of ano technology in food packaging and food safety: barrier combined effect of Ag NPs with microwave radiation materials, antimicrobials and sensors. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2011; 363 (1): 1-24.
10. Kathiresan K, Manivannan S, Nabeel MA, Dhivya B. Studies on silver nanoparticles synthesized by a marine fungus, Penicillium fellutanum isolated from coastal mangrove sediment. Colloids Surfaces B. 2009; 71: 133-137.
11. Martinez-Gutierrez F, Olive PL, Banuelos A, Orrantia E, Nino N, Sanchez EM, Ruiz F, Bach H, Av-Gay Y. Synthesis, characterization, and evaluation of antimicrobial and cytotoxic effect of silver and titanium nanoparticles. Nanomed Nanotech Biol Med. 2010; 6: 681-688.
12. Beer C, Foldbjerg R, Hayashi Y, Sutherland DS, Autrup H. Toxicity of silver nanoparticles-nanoparticle or silver ion? Toxicol Lett. 2012; 208: 286-292.
13. Yen HJ, Hsu SH, Tsai CL. Cytotoxicity and immunological response of gold and silver nanoparticles of different sizes. Small. 2009; 5: 1553-1561.
14. Hsin YH, Chen CF, Huang S, Shih TS, Lai PS, Chueh PJ. The apoptotic effect of nanosilver is mediated by a ROS- and JNK-dependent mechanism involving the mitochondrial pathway in NIH3T3 cells. Toxicol Lett. 2008; 179: 130-139.
15. Wise JP, Sr., Goodale BC, Wise SS, Craig GA, Pongan AF, Walter RB, Thompson WD, Ng AK, Aboueissa AM, Mitani H and others. Silver nanospheres are cytotoxic and genotoxic to fish cells. Aquat Toxicol. 2010; 97: 34-41.
16. Najdovski L, Dragas AZ, Kotnik V. The killing activity of microwaves on some non-sporogenic and sporogenic medically important bacterial strains. J Hosp Infect. 1991; 19: 239-247.
17. Sahin A, Eiley D, Goldfischer ER, Stravodimos KG, Zeren S, Isenberg HD, Smith AD. The in vitro bactericidal effect of microwave energy on bacteria that cause prostatitis. Urology. 1998; 52: 411-415.
18. Mokhtari N, Daneshpajouh S, Seyedbagheri S, Atashdehghan R, Abdi K, Sarkar S, Minaian S, Shahverdi HR, Shahverdi AR. Biological synthesis of very small silver nanoparticles by culture supernatant of Klebsiella pneumonia: The effects of visible-light irradiation and the liquid mixing process. Mater Res Bull. 2009; 44: 1415-1421.
19. Shahverdi AR, Fakhimi A, Shahverdi HR, Minaian S. Synthesis and effect of silver nanoparticles on the antibacterial activity of different antibiotics against Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli. Nanomed Nanotech Biol Med. 2007; 3: 168-171.
20. M.Andrews J. Determination of minimum inhibitory concentrations. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2001; 48: 5-16.
21. Rohrer MD, Bulard RA. Microwave sterilization. J Am Dent Assoc. 1985; 110: 194-198.
22. Rohrer MD, Terry MA, Bulard RA, Graves DC, Taylor EM. Microwave sterilization of hydrophilic contact lenses. Am J Ophthalmol. 1986; 101 :49-57.
23. Goldblith SA, Wang DI. Effect of Microwaves on Escherichia coli and Bacillus subtilis. Appl Microbiol. 1967; 15: 1371-1375.