1. Chen X, Schluesener HJ. Nanosilver: a nanoproduct in medical application. Toxicol Lett. 2008; 176: 1–12.
2. Mei N, Zhang YB, Chen Y, Guo XQ, Ding W., Ali SF, et al. Silver nanoparticle-induced mutations and oxidative stress in mouse lymphoma cells. Environ Mol Mutagen. 2012; 53: 409-419.
3. Nadworny PL, Wang J, Tredget EE, Burrell RE. Anti-inflammatory activity of nanocrystalline silver in a porcine contact dermatitis model. Nanomed. 2008; 4: 241–251.
4. Sibbald, RG, Contreras-Ruiz, J, Coutts P, Fierheller M, Rothman A, Woo K. Bacteriology, inflammation, and healing: a study of nanocrystalline silver dressings in chronic venous leg ulcers. Ad Skin Wound Care. 2007; 20: 549–558.
5. Tian J, Wong KK, Ho CM, Lok CN, Yu, WY, Che CM, et al. Topical delivery of silver nanoparticles promotes wound healing. Chem Med Chem 2007; 2: 129–136.
6. Wright JB, Lam K, Buret AG, Olson, ME, Burrell RE. Early healing events in a porcine model of contaminated wounds: effects of nanocrystalline silver on matrix metalloproteinases, cell apoptosis, and healing. Wound Rep Regen. 2002; 10: 141–151.
7. Huang Y, Li X, Liao Z, Zhang G, Liu Q, Tang J, et al. A randomized comparative trial between Acticoat and SD-Ag in the treatment of residual burn wounds, including safety analysis. Burns 2007; 33: 161-166.
8. Hendi A. Silver nanoparticles mediate differential responses in some of liver and kidney functions during skin wound healing. J King Saud Uni. 2011; 23: 47-52.
9. Atiyeh BS, Costagliola M, Hayek SN, Dibo SA. Effect of silver on burn wound infection control and healing: Review of the literature. Burns 2007; 33: 139: 148.
10. Cordeiro MF. Beyond mitomycin: TGF- β and wound healing. Prog. Retin. Eye Res. 2002; 21: 75–89.
11. Werner S, Grose R. Regulation of wound healing by growth factors and cytokines. Physiol Rev. 2003; 83: 835–870.
12. Faler BJ, Macsata RA, Plummer D, Mishra L, Sidawy AN. Transforming growth factor-beta and wound healing. Perspect Vasc Surg Endovasc Ther. 2006; 18: 55–62.
13. Bonaparte BS, Hair PS, Banthia D, Marshall DM, Krishna NK. Human astrovirus coat protein inhibits serum complement activation via C1, the first component of the classical pathway. J Virol. 2008;82: 817-827.
14. RAS; Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms". Retrieved 2011.
15. Karodi R, Jadhav M, Rub R, Bafna A. Evaluation of the wound healing activity of a crude extract of Rubia cordifolia L. (Indian madder) in mice. Inter J Appl Res Nat Prod. 2009; 2: 12-18
16. Booth NA, Campbell RD, Fothergill JE. The purification and characterization of bovine C4, the fourth component of complement. Biochem J. 1979; 177: 959–965.
17. Goodman G. "Postacne scarring: A review of its pathophysiology and treatment". Dermatologic surgery: official publication for American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. 2000; 26 (9): 857–871.
18. Zolnik BS, Gonzalez-Fernandez A, Sadrieh N, Dobrovolskaia MA. Minireview: Nanoparticles and the Immune System. Endocrinol. 2010;151: 458– 465.
19. Faunce T, Watal A. Nanosilver and global public health: international regulatory issues. Nanomed. 2010; 5: 617–632.
20. Lara HH, Garza-Treviño EN, Ixtepan-Turrent L, Singh DK. Silver nanoparticles are broad-spectrum bactericidal and virucidal compounds. J Nanobiotechnol. 2011; 9: 1-8.
21. Danilczuk M, Lund A, Sadlo J, Yamada H, Michalik J. Conduction electron spin resonance of small silver particles. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2006; 63: 189-191.
22. Martin P. Wound healing–aiming for perfect skin regeneration. Science 1997; 276:75–81.
23. Chaloupka K, Malam Y, Seifalian AM. Nanosilver as a new generation of nanoproduct in biomedical applications. Trends Biotechnol. 2010; 28: 580-588.
24. Chanan-Khan A, Szebeni J, Savay S, Liebes L, Rafique NM, Alving CR, et al. Complement activation following first exposure to pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (Doxil): possible role in hypersensitivity reactions. Ann Oncol. 2003; 14: 1430–1437.
25. Szebeni J. Complement activation-related pseudoallergy: a new class of drug-induced acute immune toxicity. Toxicol. 2005; 216: 106–121.
26. Szebeni. J, Alving CR, Rosivall L, Bunger R, Baranyi L, Bedocs P, et al. 2007. Animal models of complement-mediated hypersensitivity reactions to liposomes and other lipid-based nanoparticles. J Liposome Res. 2007;17: 107–117.
27. Wright BI, Lam K, Buret AG. Early healing events in a porcine model of contaminated wounds: Effect of nanosilver in MMP’s cell apoptosis and healing, J Dermatol. 1991; 124: 519–526.
28. Frank S, Madlener M, Werner S. Transforming growth factors beta1, beta2, and beta3 and their receptors are differentially regulated during normal and impaired wound healing. J Biol Chem. 1996; 271: 10188–10193.
29. Nakao A, Imamura T, Souchelnytskyi S, Kawabata M, Ishisaki A, Oeda E, et al. TGF-beta receptor-mediated signalling through Smad2, Smad3, and Smad4. EMBO J. 1997; 16: 5353–5362.
30. Lambris JD. The multifunctional role of C3, the third component of complement. Immunol Today. 1998; 9: 387- 393.
31. Barbul A, Shawe T, Rotter SM. Wound healing in nude mice: a study on the regulatory role of lymphocytes fibroplasia. Surgery 1989; 105: 764-769.