1. Gibson JD, Khanal BP, Zubarev ER. Paclitaxel-functionalized gold nanoparticles. J Am Chem Soc. 2007; 129: 11653–11661.
2. Takahashi H, Niidome Y, Niidome T, Kaneko K, Kawasaki H, Yamada S. Modification of gold nanorods using phosphatidylcholineto reduce cytotoxicity. Langmuir. 2006; 22 (1): 2–5.
3. Pan Y, Neuss S, Leifert A, Fischler M, Wen F, Simon U, et al. Size-dependent cytotoxicity of gold nanoparticles. Small. 2007; 3: 1941–1949.
4. Abdelhalim MAK. Exposure to gold nanoparticles produces cardiac tissue damage that depends on the size and duration of exposure. Lipids Health Dis. 2011a; 10: 205.
5. Abdelhalim MAK. Gold nanoparticles administration induces disarray of heart muscle, hemorrhagic, chronic inflammatory cells infiltrated by small lymphocytes, cytoplasmic vacuolization and congested and dilated blood vessels. Lipids Health Dis. 2011b; 10: 233.
6. Abdelhalim MAK. Exposure to gold nanoparticles produces pneumonia, fibrosis, chronic inflammatory cell infiltrates, congested and dilated blood vessels, and hemosiderin granule and emphysema foci. J Cancer Sci Ther. 2012a; 4 (3): 046– 050.
7. Abdelhalim MAK. Optimizing a novel method for synthesizing gold nanoparticles: biophysical studies. J Cancer Sci Ther. 2012; 4: 140-143.
8. Abdelhalim MAK, Jarrar BM. Gold nanoparticles administration induced prominent inflammatory, central vein intima disruption, fatty change and Kupffer cells hyperplasia. Lipids Health Dis. 2011a; 10: 133.
9. Abdelhalim MAK, Jarrar BM. Gold nanoparticles induced cloudy swelling to hydropic degeneration, cytoplasmic hyaline vacuolation, polymorphism, binucleation, karyopyknosis, karyolysis, karyorrhexis and necrosis in the liver. Lipids Health Dis. 2011b; 10: 166.
10. Abdelhalim MAK, Jarrar BM. Renal tissue alterations were size-dependent with smaller ones induced more effects and related with time exposure of gold nanoparticles. Lipids Health Dis. 2011c; 10: 163.
11. Abdelhalim MAK, Jarrar BM. The appearance of renal cells cytoplasmic degeneration and nuclear destruction might be an indication of GNPs toxicity. Lipids Health Dis. 2011d; 10, 147.
12. Inumaru J, Tanihar H, Umezawa K, Niwa S, Suzuki Y, Nakumura S, et al. Molecular mechanisms regulating dissociation of cell-cell junction of epithelial cells by oxidative stress. Gene Cell. 2009; 14(6):703-716.
13. Pandey G, Srivastava DN, Madhuri S. A standard hepatotoxic model produced by paracetamol in rat. Toxicol Int. 2008; 15(1):69-70.
14. Abdelhalim MAK, Abdelmottaleb Moussa SA. The gold nanoparticle size and exposure duration effect on the liver and kidney function of rats: in vivo. Saudi J Biol Sci. 2013; 20(2):177-181.
15. Zhang XD, Wu HY, Wu D, Wang YY, Chang JH, Zhai ZB, et al. Toxicologic effects of gold nanoparticles in vivo by different administration routes. Int J Nanomed. 2010; 5:771-81.
16. Lasagna-Reeves C, Gonzalez-Romero D, Barria MA, Olmedo I, Clos A, Sadaqopa Ramanujam VM, et al. Bioaccumulation and toxicity of gold nanoparticles after repeated administration in mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010; 393: 649–655.
17. Katsnelson BA, Privalova LI, Gurvich VB, Makeyev OH, Shur VY, Beikin YB , et al. Comparative in vivo assessment of some adverse bioeffects of equidimensional gold and silver nanoparticles and the attenuation of nanosilver’s effects with a complex of innocuous bioprotectors. Int J Mol Sci. 2013; 14(2): 2449-2483.
18. Mironava T, Hadjiargyrou M, Simon M, Jurukovski V, Rafailovich MH. Gold nanoparticles cellular toxicity and recovery: effect of size, concentration and exposure time. Nanotoxicology. 2010; 4(1):120-137.
19. Nghiem THL, Nguyen TT, Fort E, Nguyen TP, Nhung Hoang TM, Nguyen TQ. Capping and in vivo toxicity studies of gold nanoparticles. Adv Nat Sci Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2012; 3 015002.
20. Balasubramanian SK, Jittiwat J, Manikandan J, Ong CN, Yu LE, Ong WY. Biodistribution of gold nanoparticles and gene expression changes in the liver and spleen after intravenous administration in rats. Biomaterials. 2010; 31(8): 2034-2042.
21. Yang RS, Chang LW, Wu JP, Tsai MH, Wang HJ, Kuo YC, et al. Persistent tissue kinetics and redistribution of nanoparticles, quantum dot 705, in mice: ICP-MS quantitative assessment. Environ Health Perspect. 2007; 115(9): 1339-1343.
22. Terentyuk G, Maslyyakova G, Suleymanova L, Kogan B, Khlebtsov B, Akchurin G, et al. Tracking gold nanoparticles in the body. J Biomedical Optics. 2009; 14: 19-16.