1. Murugan R, Ramakrishna S. Development of nanocomposites for bone grafting. Compos Sci Technol. 2005; 65: 2385–2406.
2. Salgado AJ, Coutinho OP, Reis RL. Bone tissue engineering: state of the art and future trends. Macromol Biosci. 2004; 4: 743–765.
3. Yang SF, Leong KF, Du ZH, Chua CK. The design of scaffolds for use in tissue engineering. Part 1. Traditional factors. Tissue Eng. 2001; 76: 679–689.
4. Hutmacher DW, Schantz JT, Lam CXF, Tan KC, Lim TC. State of the art and future directions of scaffold-based bone engineering from a biomaterials perspective. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2007; 14: 245–260.
5. Li WJ, Laurencin CT, Caterson EJ, Tuan RS, Ko FK, Electrospun nanofibrous structure: a novel scaffold for tissue engineering. J Biomed Mater Res.2002; 60: 613–621.
6. Huang ZM, Zhang YZ, Kotaki M, Ramakrishna S. A review on polymer nanofibers by electrospinning and their applications in nanocomposites. Compos Sci Technol. 2003; 63: 2223–2253.
7. Shin YM, Hohman MM, Rutledge GC. Electrospinning:a whipping fluid jet generates submicron polymer fibers. Appl Phys Lett. 2001; 78: 1149–1151.
8. Shin YM, Hohman MM, Brenner MP, Rutledge GC. Experimental characterization of electrospinning: the electrically forced jet and instabilities. Polymer. 2001; 4225: 9955–9967.
9. Khil MS, Bhattarai SR, Kim HY, Kim SZ, Lee KH. Novel fabrication matrix via electrospinning for tissue engeering. J Biomed Mater Res. 2005; 72B: 117–124.
10. Deitzel JM, Kleinmeyer J, Harris D, Tan NCB. The effect of processing variables on the morphology of electrospun nanofibers and textiles. Polymer. 2001; 42: 261–272.
11. Li WJ, Laurencin CT, Caterson EJ, Tuan RS, Ko FK. Electrospun nanofibrous structure: A novel scaffold for tissue engineering. J Biomed Mater Res. 2002; 60: 13– 621.
12. Li WJ, Danielson KG, Alexander PG, Tuan RS. Biological response of chondrocytes cultured in three-dimensional nanofibrous polyɛ-caprolactone scaffolds. J Biomed Mater Res. 2003; 67: 1105–1114.
13. Mo XM, Xu CY, Kotaki M, Ramakrishna S. Electrospun PLLA-CL nanofiber: A biomimetic extracellular matrix for smooth muscle cell and endothelial cell proliferation. Biomaterials. 2004; 25: 1883–1890.
14. Yang F, Murugan R, Wang S, Ramakrishna S. Electrospinning of nano/micro scale polyL-lactic acid aligned fibers and their potential in neural tissue engineering. Biomaterials. 2005; 26: 2603–2610.
15. Yan C, Sun J, Ding J. Critical areas of cell adhesion on micropatterned surfaces. Biomaterials. 2011; 3216: 3931-3938.
16. Park JS, Chu JS, Tsou AD, Diop R, Tang Z, Wang A, Li S. The effect of matrix stiffness on the differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells in response to TGF-beta. Biomaterials. 2011; 3216: 3921-3930.
17. Thomas V, Jose MV, Chowdhury S, Sullivan JF, Dean DR, Vohra YK. Mechano-morphological studies of aligned nanofibrous scaffolds of polycaprolactone fabricated by electrospinning. Journal of Biomaterials Science. Polymer Edition. 2006; 179: 969-984.
18. Shabani I, Haddadi-Asl V, Soleimani M, Seyedjafari E, Babaeijandaghi F, Ahmadbeigi N. Enhanced infiltration and biomineralization of stem cells on collagen-grafted three-dimensional nanofibers. Tissue Eng Part A .2011; 1710: 1209-1218.
19. Tiedeman JJ, Garvin KL, Kile TA, Connolly JF. The role of a composite, demineralized bone matrix and bone marrow in the treatment of osseous defects. Orthopedics. 1995; 8: 1153-1158.
20. Rougraff BT, Kling TJ. Treatment of active unicameral bone cysts with percutaneous injection of demineralized bone matrix and autogenous bone marrow. J Bone Joint Surg Am A. 2002; 84: 921-929.
21. Martin BJ, Pittenger MF. Bone marrow-derived stem cell for myocardial regeneration: preclinical experience. In: Dib N, Taylor DA, Diethrich EB, editors. Stem cell therapy and tissue engineering for cardiovascular repair from basic research to clinical applications, New York: Springer; 2006: 137–157.
22. Badami AS, Kreke MR, Thompson MS, Riffle JS, Goldstein AS. Effect of fiber diameter on spreading, proliferation, and differentiation of osteoblastic cells on electrospun polylactic acid substrates. Biomaterials. 2006; 27: 596–606.
23. Sombatmankhong K, Sanchavanakit N, Pavasant P, Supaphol P. Bone scaffolds from electrospun fiber mats of poly3-hydroxybutyrate, poly3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxyvalerate and their blend. Polymer. 2007; 48: 1419–1427.
24. Zhang Y, Ouyang H, Lim CT, Ramakrishna S, Huang ZM. Electrospinning of gelatin fibers and gelatin/PCL composite fibrous scaffolds. J Biomed Mater Res. Part B: Appl Biomater. 2004; 72: 156–165.
25. H.W. Kim, H.S. Yu, H.H. Lee. Nanofibrous matrices of polylactic acid and gelatin polymeric blends for the improvement of cellular responses. J Biomed Mater Res. Part A. 2007; 87A: 25–32.
26. Ng KW, Hutmacher DW, Schantz JT, Ng CS, Too HP, Lim TC, Phan TT, Teoh SH. Evaluation of ultra-thin polyε-caprolactone films for tissue-engineered skin. Tissue Eng. 2001; 7: 441–455.
27. Marra KG, Szem JW, Kumta PN, DiMilla PN, Weiss LE. In vitro analysis of biodegradable polymer blend/hydroxyapatite composites for bone tissue engineering. J Biomed Mater Res. 1999; 47: 324 –335.
28. Ekholm M, Hietanen J, Lindqvist C, Rautavuori J, Santavirta S, Suuronen R. Histological study of tissue reactions to ε-caprolactone-lactide copolymer in paste form. Biomaterials. 1999; 20: 1257–1262.
29. Ishaug-Riley SL, Okun LE, Prado G, Applegate MA, Ratcliffe A. Human articular chondrocyte adhesion and proliferation on synthetic biodegradable polymer films. Biomaterials. 1999; 20: 2245–2256.
30 . Langer R, Vacanti JP. Tissue engineering. Science 1993; 260: 920–926.
31. Cima LG, Vacanti JP, Ingber D, Mooney DJ, Langer R. Tissue engineering by cell transplantation using degradable polymer substrates. J Biomech Eng.1991; 113: 143–151.
32. Ju YM, Oh SH, Lee KH, Choi SW, Cho CS, Lee JH. A study on biodegradable polymer scaffolds with uniform 3-dimensional porosity for artificial cartilage. Biomater Res. 2000; 4: 52–59.
33. Wang M. Developing bioactive composite materials for tissue replacement. Biomaterials. 2003; 24: 2133–2151.
34. Webster TJ, Ergun C, Doremus RH, Siegel RW, Bizios R. Specific proteins mediate enhanced osteoblast adhesion on nanophase ceramics. J Biomed Mater Res. 2000; 51: 475–483.
35. Doustgani A, Vasheghani- Farahani E, Soleimani M, Hashemi-Najafabadi S. Physical and chemical investigation of polycaprolactone, nanohydroxyapatite and poly Vinyl Alcohol nanocomposite scaffolds
. Int J Cheml Biol Eng. 2012; 6: 158-161.
36. Lee CH, Shin HJ, Cho IH, Kang YM, Kim IA, Park KD, Shin JW. Nanofiber alignment and direction of mechanical strain affect the ECM production of human ACL fibroblast. Biomaterials. 2005; 26: 1261-1270.
37. Kwon IK, Kidosaki S, Mastsuda T. Electrospun nano- to microfiber fabrics made of biodegradable copolyesters: structural characteristics, mechanical properties and cell adhesion potential. Biomaterials. 2005; 26: 3929-3939.