1. Bulmer C, Margaritis A, Xenocostas A. Production and characterization of novel chitosan nanoparticles for controlled release of rHu-Erythropoietin. Biochem Eng J. 2012; 68: 61-69.
2. Patel J, Jivani N. Chitosan based nanoparticles in drug delivery. Int J Pharm Sci Nanotech. 2009; 2: 517-522.
3. Zhao L-M, Shi L-E, Zhang Z-L, Chen J-M, Shi D-D, Yang J, Tang Z-X. Preparation and application of chitosan nanoparticles and nanofibers. Braz J Chem Eng. 2011; 28: 353-362.
4. Kumar MNR. A review of chitin and chitosan applications. React Funct Polym. 2000; 46: 1-27.
5. Mogosanu GD, Grumezescu AM. Natural and synthetic polymers for wounds and burns dressing. Int J Pharm. 2014; 463: 127-136.
6. Su J, Zhang J, Liu L, Huang Y, Mason RP. Exploring feasibility of multicolored CdTe quantum dots for in vitro and in vivo fluorescent imaging. J Nanosci Nanotech. 2008; 8: 1174-1177.
7. Ajitha, B.; Ashok Kumar Reddy, Y.; Reddy, P.S. Biogenic nano-scale silver particles by Tephrosia purpurea leaf extract and their inborn antimicrobial activity. Spectrochim Acta Part A: Mol Biomol Spect. 2014, 121, 164-172.
8. Gilaki M. Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles using plant extracts. J Biol Sci. 2010; 10: 465-467.
9. Bhumkar DR, Joshi HM, Sastry M, Pokharkar VB. Chitosan reduced gold nanoparticles as novel carriers for transmucosal delivery of insulin. Pharm Res. 2007; 24: 1415-1426.
10. Amidi M, Romeijn SG, Borchard G, Junginger HE, Hennink WE, Jiskoot W. Preparation and characterization of protein-loaded N-trimethyl chitosan nanoparticles as nasal delivery system. J Controlled Release. 2006; 111: 107-116.
11. Mansouri S, Cuie Y, Winnik F, Shi Q, Lavigne P, Benderdour M, Beaumont E, Fernandes JC. Characterization of folate-chitosan-DNA nanoparticles for gene therapy. Biomaterials. 2006; 27: 2060-1065.
12. Liu X, Hu Q, Fang Z, Zhang X, Zhang B. Magnetic chitosan nanocomposites: a useful recyclable tool for heavy metal ion removal. Langmuir. 2008; 25: 3-8.
13. Qi L, Xu Z, Jiang X, Hu C, Zou X. Preparation and antibacterial activity of chitosan nanoparticles. Carbohydr Res. 2004; 339: 2693-2700.
14. Cruz-Romero M, Murphy T, Morris M, Cummins E, Kerry J. Antimicrobial activity of chitosan, organic acids and nano-sized solubilisates for potential use in smart antimicrobially-active packaging for potential food applications. Food Control. 2013; 34: 393-397.
15. Shukla SK, Mishra AK, Arotiba OA, Mamba BB. Chitosan-based nanomaterials: A state-of-the-art review. Int J Biological Macromoles. 2013; 59: 46-58.
16. Kavitha K, Baker S, Rakshith D, Kavitha H, Harini B, Satish S. Plants as green source towards synthesis of nanoparticles. Int Res J Biological Sci. 2013; 2: 66-76.
17. Agnihotri SA, Mallikarjuna NN, Aminabhavi TM. Recent advances on chitosan-based micro-and nanoparticles in drug delivery. J Controlled Release. 2004; 100: 5-28.
18. Calvo P, Remunan Lopez C, Vila Jato J, Alonso M. Novel hydrophilic chitosan polyethylene oxide nanoparticles as protein carriers. J Appl Polym Sci. 1997; 63: 125-132.
19. Dyer A, Hinchcliffe M, Watts P, Castile J, Jabbal-Gill I,Nankervis R, Smith A, Illum L. Nasal delivery of insulin using novel chitosan based formulations: a comparative study in two animal models between simple chitosan formulations and chitosan nanoparticles. Pharm Res. 2002; 19: 998-1008.
20. Yang S-J, Lin F-H, Tsai H-M, Lin C-F, Chin H-C, Wong J-M, Shieh M-J. Alginate-folic acid-modified chitosan nanoparticles for photodynamic detection of intestinal neoplasms. Biomaterials. 2011; 32: 2174-2182.
21. Prasad M, Jayalakshmi K, Rindhe G. Antibacterial activity of Ocimum species and their phytochemical and antioxidant potential. Int J Microbio Res. 2012; 4: 302.
22. Paschapur MS, Patil M, Kumar R, Patil SR. Evaluation of aqueous extract of leaves of Ocimum kilimandscharicum on wound healing activity in albino wistar rats. Int J PharmTech Res. 2009; 1: 544-550.
23. Pang X, Zhitomirsky I. Electrodeposition of composite hydroxyapatite–chitosan films. Mater Chem Phys. 2005; 94: 245-251.
24. Calvo P, Remunan-Lopez C, Vila-Jato J, Alonso M. Development of positively charged colloidal drug carriers: chitosan-coated polyester nanocapsules and submicron-emulsions. Colloid Polym Sci. 1997; 275: 46-53.
25. Meisner D, Pringle J, Mezei M. Liposomal ophthalmic drug delivery. III. Pharmacodynamic and biodisposition studies of atropine. Int J Pharm. 1989; 55: 105-113.
26. Meisner D, Pringle J, Mezei M. Liposomal pulmonary drug delivery I. In vivo disposition of atropine base in solution and liposomal form following endotracheal instillation to the rabbit lung. J Microencapsulation. 1989; 6:3 79-87.
27. Jancy, M.E.; Inbathamizh, L. Green synthesis and characterization of nano silver using leaf extract of Morinda pubescens. Asian J Pharm Clin Res. 2012; 5:159-162.
28. Christaki, E.; Bonos, E.; Giannenas, I.; Florou-Paneri, P. Aromatic plants as a source of bioactive compounds. Agriculture. 2012; 2: 228-243.
29. Banerjee T, Mitra S, Singh AK, Sharma RK, Maitra A. Preparation, characterization and biodistribution of ultrafine chitosan nanoparticles. Int J Pharm. 2002; 243: 93-105.
30. Bodnar M, Hartmann JF, Borbely J. Preparation and characterization of chitosan-based nanoparticles. Biomacromolecules. 2005; 6: 2521-2527.
31. Kweka EJ, Nkya HM, Lyaruu L, Kimaro EE, Mwang’onde BJ, Mahande AM. Efficacy of Ocimum kilimandscharicum plant extracts after four years of storage against Anopheles gambiae ss. J Cell Animal Biol. 2009; 3: 171-174.
32. Safari J, Azizi F, Sadeghi M. Chitosan nanoparticles as a green and renewable catalyst in the synthesis of 1, 4-dihydropyridine under solvent-free conditions. New J Chem. 2015; 39: 1905-1909.
33. Jha AK, Prasad K, Prasad K, Kulkarni A. Plant system: nature’s nanofactory. Coll Sur B: Biointerfaces. 2009; 73: 219-223.
34. Roller S, Covill N. The antifungal properties of chitosan in laboratory media and apple juice. Int J Food Microbiol. 1999; 47: 67-77.
35. Choi B-K, Kim K-Y, Yoo Y-J, Oh S-J, Choi J-H, Kim C-Y. In vitro antimicrobial activity of a chitooligosaccharide mixture against Actinobacillusactinomycetemcomitans and Streptococcus mutans. Int J antimicrobial agents. 2001; 18: 553-557.
36. Muzzarelli R, Tarsi R, Filippini O, Giovanetti E, Biagini G, Varaldo P. Antimicrobial properties of N-carboxybutyl chitosan. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1990; 34: 2019-23.
37. De Campos AM, Sánchez A, Alonso MaJ. Chitosan nanoparticles: a new vehicle for the improvement of the delivery of drugs to the ocular surface. Application to cyclosporin A. Int J Pharm. 2001; 224: 159-168.
38. Xu Y, Du Y. Effect of molecular structure of chitosan on protein delivery properties of chitosan nanoparticles. Int J Pharm. 2003; 250: 215-226.
39. Perumalla A, Hettiarachchy NS. Green tea and grape seed extracts—Potential applications in food safety and quality. Food Res Int. 2011; 44: 827-839.
40. Cowan MM. Plant products as antimicrobial agents. Clinical Microbiol Rev. 1999; 12: 564-582.
41. Chattopadhyay D, Inamdar M. Studies on synthesis, characterization and viscosity behaviour of nano chitosan. Res J Eng Sci. 2012; 1: 9-15.
42. Brack H, Tirmizi S, Risen W. A spectroscopic and viscometric study of the metal ion-induced gelation of the biopolymer chitosan. Polymer. 1997; 38: 2351-2362.
43. Berger J, Reist M, Mayer JM, Felt O, Gurny R. Structure and interactions in chitosan hydrogels formed by complexation or aggregation for biomedical applications. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2004; 57: 35-52.
44. Berger J, Reist M, Mayer JM, Felt O, Peppas N, Gurny R. Structure and interactions in covalently and ionically crosslinked chitosan hydrogels for biomedical applications. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2004; 57: 19-34.
45. Noble L, Gray AI, Sadiq L, Uchegbu IF. A non-covalently cross-linked chitosan based hydrogel. Int J Pharm. 1999; 192: 173-182.
46. Shu X, Zhu K. A novel approach to prepare tripolyphosphate/chitosan complex beads for controlled release drug delivery. Int J Pharm. 2000; 201: 51-58.
47. Boonyo W, Junginger HE, Waranuch N, Polnok A, Pitaksuteepong T. Preparation and characterization of particles from chitosan with different molecular weights and their trimethyl chitosan derivatives for nasal immunization. J Met Mater Miner. 2008; 18: 59-6.
48. Huang K-S, Sheu Y-R, Chao I-C. Preparation and properties of nanochitosan. Polym-Plast Tech Eng. 2009; 48: 1239-1243.
49. Heras A, Rodriguez N, Ramos V, Agullo E. N-methylene phosphonic chitosan: a novel soluble derivative. Carbohydr Polym. 2001; 44: 1-8.
50. Holme KR, Perlin AS. Chitosan N-sulfate. A water-soluble polyelectrolyte. Carbohydr Res. 1997; 302: 7-12.
51. Welsh ER, Schauer CL, Qadri SB, Price RR. Chitosan cross-linking with a water-soluble, blocked diisocyanate. 1. Solid state. Biomacromolecules. 2002; 3: 1370-1374.
52. Sugimoto M, Morimoto M, Sashiwa H, Saimoto H, Shigemasa Y. Preparation and characterization of water-soluble chitin and chitosan derivatives. Carbohydr Polym. 1998; 36: 49-59.
53. Xie W, Xu P, Wang W, Liu Q. Preparation and antibacterial activity of a water-soluble chitosan derivative. Carbohydr Polym. 2002; 50: 35-40.
54. Avadi M, Sadeghi A, Tahzibi A, Bayati K, Pouladzadeh M, Zohuriaan-Mehr M, Rafiee-Tehrani M. Diethylmethyl chitosan as an antimicrobial agent: Synthesis, characterization and antibacterial effects. Eur Polym J. 2004; 40: 1355-13561.
55. Mitra A, Dey B. Chitosan microspheres in novel drug delivery systems. Ind J Pharm Sci. 2011; 73: 355.