1. Salata V. Applications of Nanoparticles in Biology and Medicine. J Nanobiotechnol. 2004; 2: 3.
2. Singh R and Nalwa HS. Medical Applications of Nanoparticles in Biological Imaging, Cell Labeling, Antimicrobial Agents, and Anticancer Nanodrugs. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2011; 7: 489-503.
3. Archana J, Mani S, M N, Ponnusamy S, Muthamizhchelvan C and Hayakawa Y. Chemical synthesis and functional properties of hexamethylenetetramine capped ZnSe nanorods. Mater Lett. 2014; 125: 32–35.
4. Yang J, Wang G, Liu H, Park J, Gou X and Cheng X. Solvothermal synthesis and characterization of ZnSe nanoplates. J Cryst Growth. 2008; 310: 3645-3648.
5. Lei Z, Wei X, Bi S and He R. Reverse micelle synthesis and characterization of ZnSe nanoparticles. Mater. Lett. 2008; 62: 3694-3696.
6. Hao H, Yao X and Wang M. Preparation and optical characteristics of ZnSe nanocrystals doped glass by sol–gel in situ crystallization method. Opt Mater. 2007; 29: 573-577.
7. Güllü HH, Coşkun E and Parlak M. Investigation of optical parameters of thermally evaporated ZnSe thin films. Phys Status Solidi C. 2015; 12: 1224-1228.
8. Ren X. Hydrothermal synthesis of ZnSe nanoparticle. Mater Sci. 2016; 290-295.
9. Yang L, Xie R, Liu L, Xiao D and Zhu J. Synthesis and characterization of ZnSe nanocrystals by W/O reverse microemulsion method: The effect of cosurfactant. J Phys Chem C. 2011; 115.
10. Singh J, Dutta T, Kim K-H, Rawat M, Samddar P and Kumar P. ‘Green’ synthesis of metals and their oxide nanoparticles: applications for environmental remediation. J Nanobiotechnol. 2018; 16: 84.
11. Duan H, Wang D and Li Y. Green chemistry for nanoparticle synthesis. Chem Soc Rev. 2015; 44: 5778-5792.
12. Niu Z and Li Y. Removal and Utilization of Capping Agents in Nanocatalysis. Chem Mater. 2013; 26: 72-83.
13. Yadav K, Giri M and Jaggi N. Synthesis, characterization and photocatalytic studies of ZnSe and Ag: ZnSe nanoparticles. Res Chem Intermed. 2015; 41: 9967-9978.
14. Niu Z and Li Y. Removal and utilization of capping agents in nanocatalysis. Chem Mater. 2014; 26: 72-83.
15. El-Seedi HR, El-Shabasy RM, Khalifa SAM, et al. Metal nanoparticles fabricated by green chemistry using natural extracts: biosynthesis, mechanisms, and applications. RSC Adv. 2019; 9: 24539-24559.
16. Oluwafemi OS and Adeyemi OO. One-pot room temperature synthesis of biopolymer-capped ZnSe nanoparticles. Mater Lett. 2010; 64: 2310-2313.
17. Bhagavannarayana G and Wahab M. Structural, optical and electrical properties of ZnSe semiconductor nanoparticles. Chalcogenide Lett. 2011; 8: 435-440.
18. Ahamed AJ, Ramar K and Kumar PV. Synthesis and characterization of ZnSe nanoparticles by Co-precipitation method. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2016: 148-150.
19. Oluwafemi OS and Songca SP. A Facile One-Pot Synthesis of MSe (M= Cd or Zn) Nanoparticles Using Biopolymer as Passivating Agent. Prod Appl Biopolym. 2012: 163.
20. Wang X, Zhu J, Jiang J and Wei S. One-pot synthesis and optical properties of monodisperse ZnSe colloidal microspheres. Appl Phys A. 2010; 99: 651-656.
21. Fu S, Sun Q, Li D, Dong M, Liu S and Huang C. A Novel One-Pot Synthesis of UV-Blue ZnSe Nanocrystals in Aqueous Solution. J Chin Chem Soc. 2013; 60: 309-313.
22. Khandan Nasab N, Dehnad AR, Salimizand H, et al. Zinc selenide nanoparticles (ZnSe-NPs): Green synthesis and investigation of their cytotoxicity effects. Ceram Inter. 2016; 42: 12115-12118.
23. Oluwafemi OS, Revaprasadu N and Adeyemi OO. A facile “green” synthesis of ascorbic acid-capped ZnSe nanoparticles. Colloids Surf B. 2010; 79: 126-130.
24. Nadagouda MN and Varma RS. Green and controlled synthesis of gold and platinum nanomaterials using vitamin B2: density-assisted self-assembly of nanospheres, wires and rods. Green Chem. 2006; 8: 516-518.
25. Mallakpour S and Reisi Z. Novel poly (vinyl chloride) nanocomposite films containing α-Al2O3 nanoparticles capped with vitamin B 1: preparation, morphological, and thermal characterization. Poly Bull. 2018; 75: 1895-1914.
26. Zhang Y, Huang R, Zhu X, Wang L and Wu C. Synthesis, properties, and optical applications of noble metal nanoparticle-biomolecule conjugates. Chin Sci Bull. 2012; 57: 238-246.
27. Sharma G, Sharma AR, Bhavesh R, et al. Biomoleculemediated synthesis of selenium nanoparticles using dried Vitis vinifera (raisin) extract. Molecules. 2014; 19: 2761-2770.
28. Roy A, Bulut O, Some S, Mandal A and Yilmaz M. Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles: Biomolecule nanoparticle organizations targeting antimicrobial activity. RSC Adv. 2018; 9: 2673-2702.
29. Soheyli E, Sahraei R and Nabiyouni G. Preparation of Highly Biocompatible ZnSe Quantum Dots Using a New Source of Acetyl Cysteine as Capping Agent. J Fluoresc. 2017; 27: 1581-156.
30. Ding Y, Bi J, Du B, Hu X and Liu F. Aqueous synthesis of glutathione capped ZnSe nanocrystals: Synthesis and optical properties. Mater Res Innovations. 2013; 17: 142-147.
31. Chen L, Jiang Y, Wang C, Liu X, Chen Y and Jie J. Green chemical approaches to ZnSe quantum dots: preparation, characterisation and formation mechanism. J Exp Nanosci. 2010; 5: 106-117.
32. Singh P, Kim Y-J, Zhang D and Yang D-C. Biological synthesis of nanoparticles from plants and microorganisms. Trends in Biotechnol. 2016; 34: 588-599.
33. Zhang X, Yan S, Tyagi RD and Surampalli RY. Synthesis of nanoparticles by microorganisms and their application in enhancing microbiological reaction rates. Chemosphere. 2011; 82: 489-494.
34. Gericke M and Pinches A. Biological synthesis of metal nanoparticles. Hydrometallurgy. 2006; 83: 132-140.
35. Pearce CI, Coker VS, Charnock JM, et al. Microbial manufacture of chalcogenide-based nanoparticles via the reduction of selenite using Veillonella atypica: an in situ EXAFS study. Nanotechnology. 2008; 19: 155603.
36. Li X, Xu H, Chen Z-S and Chen G. Biosynthesis of nanoparticles by microorganisms and their applications. J Nanomater. 2011; 2011.
37. Fellowes JW, Pattrick R, Lloyd J, et al. Ex situ formation of metal selenide quantum dots using bacterially derived selenide precursors. Nanotechnology. 2013; 24: 145603.
38. Çakıcı T, Özdal M, Kundakcı M and Kayalı R. ZnSe and CuSe NP’s by microbial green synthesis method and comparison of I-V characteristics of Au/ZnSe/p-Si/Al and Au/CuSe/pSi/Al structures. Mater Sci Semicond Process. 2019; 103: 104610.
39. Ding L, Zhou P-J, Zhan H-J, et al. Microwave-assisted synthesis of l-glutathione capped ZnSe QDs and its interaction with BSA by spectroscopy. J Lumin. 2013; 142: 167-172.
40. Liu H, Zhang B, Shi H, Jiao K and Fu X. Biomolecule Assisted Hydrothermal Synthesis ZnSe Nanocrystallites and Its Application as Oligonucleotides Label. J Dispersion Sci Technol. 2009; 30: 495-499.
41. Molaei M, Bahador AR and Karimipour M. Green synthesis of ZnSe and core-shell ZnSe@ZnS nanocrystals (NCs) using a new, rapid and room temperature photochemical approach. J Lumin. 2015; 166: 101-105.
42. Ebrahimi S and Souri D. Green synthesis and optical properties of ZnSe:Cu@ZnS core/shell nanocrystals fabricated by new photochemical microwave-assisted colloidal method. J Alloys Compd. 2020; 840.
43. Dai Q, Xiao N, Ning J, et al. Synthesis and mechanism of particle-and flower-shaped ZnSe nanocrystals: green chemical approaches toward green nanoproducts. J Phys Chem C. 2008; 112: 7567-7571.
44. Choy WC, Xiong S and Sun Y. A facile synthesis of zinc blende ZnSe nanocrystals. J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 2009; 42: 125410.
45. Zhang D, Ma X-l, Gu Y, Huang H and Zhang G-w. Green Synthesis of Metallic Nanoparticles and Their Potential Applications to Treat Cancer. Front Chem. 2020; 8.
46. Darroudi M, KhandaKhandan Nasab N, Salimizand H and Dehnad A. Green synthesis and antibacterial activity of zinc selenide (ZnSe) nanoparticles. Nanomed J. 2019; 6: 258-262.
47. Mir IA, Alam H, Priyadarshini E, et al. Antimicrobial and biocompatibility of highly fluorescent ZnSe core and ZnSe@ZnS core-shell quantum dots. J Nanoparticle Res. 2018; 20: 174.
48. Soheyli E, Sahraei R, Nabiyouni G, Hatamnia AA, Rostamzad A and Soheyli S. Aqueous-based synthesis of Cd-free and highly emissive Fe-doped ZnSe(S)/ZnSe(S) core/shell quantum dots with antibacterial activity. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2018; 529: 520-530.
49. Fakhri A, Naji M and Tahami S. Ultraviolet/ultrasoundactivated persulfate for degradation of drug by zinc selenide quantum dots: catalysis and microbiology study. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017; 170: 304-308.
50. Wang L, Hu C and Shao L. The antimicrobial activity of nanoparticles: present situation and prospects for the future. Int J Nanomed. 2017; 12: 1227.
51. Mirnajafizadeh F, Ramsey D, McAlpine S, Wang F, Reece P and Stride JA. Hydrothermal synthesis of highly luminescent blue-emitting ZnSe(S) quantum dots exhibiting low toxicity. Mater Sci Eng C. 2016; 64: 167-172.
52. Mahto SK, Park C, Yoon TH and Rhee SW. Assessment of cytocompatibility of surface-modified CdSe/ZnSe quantum dots for BALB/3T3 fibroblast cells. Toxicol in vitro. 2010; 24: 1070-1077.
53. Kiplagat A, Sibuyi NR, Onani MO, Meyer M and Madiehe AM. The cytotoxicity studies of water-soluble InP/ZnSe quantum dots. J Nanoparticle Res. 2016; 18: 147.
54. Saikia K, Deb P and Kalita E. Facile synthesis of highly luminescent ZnSe (S) alloyed quantum dot for biomedical imaging. Curr Appl Phys. 2013; 13: 925-930.
55. Zhou R, Sun S, Li C, Wu L, Hou X and Wu P. Enriching Mn-doped ZnSe quantum dots onto mesoporous silica nanoparticles for enhanced fluorescence/magnetic resonance imaging dual-modal bio-imaging. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2018; 10: 34060-34067.
56. Moura IMR, Cabral Filho PE, Seabra MABL, et al. Highly fluorescent positively charged ZnSe quantum dots for bioimaging. J Lumin. 2018; 201: 284-289.
57. Gao X, Zhang H, Li Y and Su X. Mn-doped ZnSe d-dotsbased α-methylacyl-CoA racemase probe for human prostate cancer cell imaging. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2012; 402: 1871-1877.
58. Pan X, Li Z, Wang T, et al. Study of polycation-capped Mn:ZnSe quantum dots as a novel fluorescent probe for living cells. J Fluoresc. 2014; 24: 767-774.
59. Silva TG, Moura IM, Filho PEC, et al. ZnSe: Mn aqueous colloidal quantum dots for optical and biomedical applications. Phys Status Solidi C. 2016; 13: 530-5333.
60. Rizvi SAA and Saleh AM. Applications of nanoparticle systems in drug delivery technology. Saudi Pharm J. 2018; 26: 64-70.
61. Li Y, Xu J, Xu Y, Huang L, Wang J and Cheng X. Synthesis and characterization of fluorescent chitosan–ZnSe/ZnS nanoparticles for potential drug carriers. RSC Adv. 2015; 5: 38810-38817.
62. Wisher AC, Bronstein I and Chechik V. Thiolated PAMAM dendrimer-coated CdSe/ZnSe nanoparticles as protein transfection agents. Chem Commun. 2006: 1637-1639.