1. Arora R, Malhotra P, Sharma A, Haniadka R, Yashawanth HS, Baliga MS. Medicinal efficacy of Indian herbal remedies for the treatment of arthritis. In Bioactive food as dietary interventions for arthritis and related inflammatory diseases R. R. Watson and V. R. Preedy (eds.) Elsevier Inc. 2013;601-617.
2. Mahajan SG, Mali RG, Mehta AA. Protective effect of ethanolic extract of seeds of Moringa oleifera Lam. against inflammation associated with the development of arthritis in rats. J Immunotoxicology. 2007;4:39–47.
3. Ahmed U, Anwar A, Savage RS, Thornalley P, Rabbani N. Protein oxidation, nitration and glycation biomarkers for early-stage diagnosis of osteoarthritis of the knee and typing and progression of arthritic disease. Arthritis Res Ther. 2016;18:250.
4. Drinda S, Franke S, Canet CC, Petrow P, Brauer R, Huttich C, et al. Identification of the advanced glycation end products Nε-carboxymethyl-lysine in the synovial tissue of patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases. 2002;61:488-492.
5. Bullock J, Rizvi SAA, Saleh AM, Ahmed SS, Do DP, Ansari RA, Ahmed J. Rheumatoid Arthritis: A Brief Overview of the Treatment. Med Princ Pract. 2018; 27(6):501-507.
6. Chellappan DK, Yee NJ, Kaur Ambar Jeet Singh BJ, Panneerselvam J, Madheswaran T, Chellian J, et al. Formulation and characterization of glibenclamide and quercetin-loaded chitosan nanogels targeting skin permeation. Ther Deliv. 2019;10(5):281-293.
7. Singh R, Lillard JW Jr. Nanoparticle-based targeted drug delivery. Exp. Mol Pathol. 2009;86(3): 215-23.
8. Oyarzun-Ampuero F, Vidal A, Concha M, Morales J, Orellana S, Moreno-Villoslada I. Nanoparticles for the Treatment of Wounds. Curr. Pharm. Des. 2015; 21(29): 4329-41.
9. Ng PQ, Ling LSC, Chellian J, Madheswaran T, Panneerselvam J, Kunnath AP. Applications of nanocarriers as drug delivery vehicles for active phytoconstituents. Curr Pharm Desz. 2020; 26(36):4580-4590.
10. Vergara-Jimenez M, Almatrafi MM, Fernandez ML. Bioactive components in Moringa oleifera leaves protect against chronic disease, Antioxidants (Basel) 2017;6(4):91.
11. Atta AH, Mouneir SM, Nasr SM, Sedky D, Mohamed AM, Atta SA, Desouky HM. Phytochemical studies and anti-ulcerative colitis effect of Moringa oleifera seeds and Egyptian propolis methanol extracts in a rat model. Asian Pac J Trop Biomed 2019; 9:98-108.
12. Bhattacharya A, Tiwari P, Sahu P, Kumar S. A review of the phytochemical and pharmacological characteristics of Moringa oleifera. J Pharm Bioallied Sci 2018; 10(4):181.
13. Mahdi H, Khan NAK, Asmawi MZB, Mahmudd R, Murugaiyah V. In vivo anti-arthritic and anti-nociceptive effects of ethanol extract of Moringa oleifera leaves on complete Freund’s adjuvant (CFA)-induced arthritis in rats. Integr Med Res. 2018; 7(1):85–94.
14. Mahajan SG, Mehta AA. Anti-arthritic activity of hydroalcoholic extract of flowers of Moringa oleifera Lam in Wistar rats. J Herbs Spices Med Plants. 2009; 15:149–63.
15. Shaikh JR, & Patil M. Qualitative tests for preliminary phytochemical screening: An overview. Int J of Chem Stud. 2020;8(2):603–608.
16. Ainsworth EA, Gillespie KM. Estimation of total phenolic content and other oxidation substrates in plant tissues using Folin-Ciocalteu reagent. Nat Protoc 2007; 2(4):875-877.
17. Ahmed S, Saeed-Ul-Hassan, S, Islam M, Qureshi F, Waheed I, Munawar I, Chishti SA. Anti-oxidant activity of pistachia khinjuk supported by phytochemical investigation. Acta Pol Pharm 2017;74:173–178.
18. Elbagory A. Cupido CN, Meyer M, Hussein AA. Large scale screening of Southern African plant extracts for the green synthesis of gold nanoparticles using microtitre-plate method. Molecules 2016;21(11):1498.
19. Ingale AG, Chaudhari AN. Biogenic synthesis of nanoparticles and potential applications an eco-friendly approach. J Nanomed Nanotechnol. 2013;4:165.
20. Devi NN, Shankar PD, Femina W, Paramasivam T, Antimicrobial efficacy of green synthesized silver nanoparticles from the medicinal plant Plectranthus-amboinicus, Int J Pharm Sci Rev Res. 2012;1:164–168.
21. Ashokkumar R, Ramaswamy M. Phytochemical screening by FTIR spectroscopic analysis of leaf extracts of selected Indian medicinal plants. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. Appl Sci. 2014; 3(1):395-406.
22. Blois MS. Antioxidant determinations by the use of a stable free radical. Nature. 1958; 181(4617):1199-200.
23. Amoolya S, Shibina KA, Jahanara H. In vitro Anti-Arthritic Activity of the Polyherbal Formulation – Balapunarnavadi Choornam. J Pharm Sci Res. 2017; 9(8):1281-128.
24. Matsuura N, Aradate T, Sasaki C, Kojima H, Ohara M. Screening system for the Maillard reaction inhibitor from natural product extracts. J Health Sci. 2002; 48:520-526.
25. Baker, JR, Zyzak, DV, Thorpe, SR, Baynes, JW. Chemistry of the fructosamine assay: D-glucosone is the product of oxidation of Amadori compounds. Clin Chem. 1994; 40:1950– 1955.
26. Shahidi F, Ambigaipalan P, Phenolics and polyphenolics in foods, beverages and spices: Antioxidant activity and health effects – A review, J Funct Foods 2015;18: 820-897.
27. Vyas S, Kachhwaha S, Kothari SL. Comparative analysis of phenolic contents and total antioxidant capacity of Moringa oleifera Lam. Pharmacogn. J. 2015;7:1.
28. Gomathi M., Rajkumar P.V., Prakasam A., Ravichandran K., Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Datura stramonium leaf extract and assessment of their antibacterial activity, Resource-Efficient Technologies 2017;3:280-284.
29. Hemlata, Meena PR, Singh AP, Tejavath KK. Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles using Cucumis prophetarum aqueous leaf extract and their antibacterial and antiproliferative activity against cancer cell lines. ACS Omega. 2020; 5(10):5520–5528.
30. Saha N,Trivedi P, Dutta SG. Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) based optimization of biosynthesis of Silver Nanoparticles from Rhizome extract of Curculigo orchioides Gaertn. and It’s antioxidant Potential. J Clust. Sci. 2016;27:1893–1912.
31. Santhoshkumar J, Rajeshkumar S, Venkat Kumar S. Phyto-assisted synthesis, characterization and applications of gold nanoparticles - A review. Biochem. Biophys. Rep. 2017;11:46-57.
32. Ayoola GA, Coker HAB, Adesegun SA, Adepoju-Bello AA, Obaweya K, Ezennia EC. Phytochemical screening and antioxidant activities of some selected medicinal plants used for malaria therapy in southwestern Nigeria. Trop J Pharm Res. 2008;7:1019–1024.
33. Abdel-Aziz MS, Shaheen MS, El-Nekeety AA, Abdel-Wahhab MA. Antioxidant and antibacterial activity of silver nanoparticles biosynthesized using Chenopodium murale leaf extract. J Saudi Chem Soc. 2014;18:356–363.
34. Kooltheat N, Sranujit RP, Chumark P, Potup P, Laytragoon-Lewin N, Usuwanthim K. An ethyl acetate fraction of Moringa oleifera Lam. Inhibits human macrophage cytokine production induced by cigarette smoke. Nutrients 2014;6:697–710.
35. Singh VP, Bali A, Singh N, Jaggi AS. Advanced glycation end products and diabetic complications. Korean J Physiol Pharmacol. 2014;18:1-14.
36. Weinberg JB, Lang T, Wilkinson WE, Pisetsky DS, St Clair EW. Serum, urinary, and salivary nitric oxide in rheumatoid arthritis: Complexities of interpreting nitric oxide measures. Arthritis Res Ther. 2006; 8:140.
37. Ashraf JM, Ansari MA, Khan HM, Alzohairy MA, Choi I. Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles and characterization of their inhibitory effects on AGEs formation using biophysical techniques, Sci Rep. 2016; 6:20414.
38. Adeniran OI & MA. Inhibitory effect and cross-link breaking activity of Moringa oleifera leaf crude extracts on fructose-derived advanced glycation end-products, S Afr J Bot. 2021;139(6):122-129.
39. Leone A, Spada A, Battezzati A, Schiraldi A, Aristil J, Bertoli S. Cultivation, genetic, ethnopharmacology, phytochemistry and pharmacology of Moringa oleifera leaves: An overview. Int J Mol Sci. 2015; 16:12791–12835.